Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bank it Up!

Woot woot!

I'm taking most of the easy money off the table today, as the market is moving in that lovely too-far/too-fast fashion.

I've banked profits on ISRG(!), MICC(!) and 50% of my GILD positions. I've since been trading in and out long in the financials and homebuilders today, for only today; but I can't give all the details there (you would think I am some kind of maniac!). Let's just say those groups are up the highest today and the daytrading there (today only) is something like a day in the life of the internet stocks in 1999 (God I miss that year).

I did add FSLR long at ave. 114.24 early on today, but I never bot back into any GOOG or AAPL...and they are not exactly screaming at the moment; we'll look there later.

Daytrades within the financials and hommies aside, I am left long GILD, ONXX and the FLSR.

The good news about this rally is the surge higher in accounts here. The bad news is I never like to hold a negative market when it exhibits something of a buy-panic. I would expect we will close at the highs of the day (most indices at least), but the next day then is more cloudy.

I will be quite light then by the close and will look to buy again later; hopefully higher, which would mean an actual uptrend.

Take what the market gives you and leave well-enough alone. It's a great trading environment right now.

The Fed Beige Book is due out at the top of the hour. I am looking to re-enter daytrades following that report, but again I can't really detail it.

yada yada - cya

No comments: