Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Monday, January 28, 2008

ONXX

Traded out of ONXX (48.65) late in the session; mainly because I don't want so many names here; name not looking bad otherwise; same was true with the APOL today - took profit on that jack-higher since I have too many names; prefer holding names more directly impacted by stimulus at moment.

The market is recognizing the Fed will very likely cut a full 50 bp Wed. Holding plenty of stock here overnight; including NVR which reports before the open tomorrow.

Long Holdings (ranked by size): NVR, CLP, SBUX, DBRN, CHS, IRIS, CAF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friend, you might want to book some profits in financials, homebuilders, REITs, assuming you have any. I think a lot of folks are going to be disappointed by the Fed. My rate-sensitive stocks were up roughly 15% over the past couple of weeks, and I tend to view such gains as strong "oops" signals.