Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weather Permitting

There is nothing yet alarming about the retrace in the market the last few sessions and so I have been reloading the wagon on the pullback.

In addition to early trades yesterday, I also added TNH and BYI later in the morning session. The former, TNH has been consolidating for several months and is poised for something (potentially) explosive. The latter, BYI is simply a quick trade (1-3 day swing), pulling back now with the market on the heels of last week's positive earnings report.

I'll fire further shots long today, assuming the action remains formidable. But I will hedge my position rather quickly if we begin something more urgent (in this case I will unload the weaker-acting positions as well, or the whole boat should it really get nasty; doubtful). The hedge, if necessary, will be a quick and large double-short index trade, more than likely; whichever index is weakest on the day, or whichever best mirrors my current (aggressive-growth) positions; depending.

More likely though, I won't need any hedge at this juncture, just a little patience as we approach the holiday seasonal strength. Selling is for Friday and/or Tuesday, if I can help it.

...Easy game

Current portfolio (by size, all longs): TITN, EXPD, LNN, CRZO, COH, SOHU, TNH, JASO, BYI, MATK, TTES

No comments: