Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quick and UGLY

We got the big move up yesterday, but it was not the most graceful action, led by the uglies and in too-far-too-fast fashion.

To date, every rescue idea for the Financials has been a consistent pattern of blast-higher and then retrace retrace retrace. I hedged longs late yesterday with SDS (SP500 Ubershort) and by getting short some Financials (via SKF long and LYG short). I've already covered the Financials today for a quick gain but I've been adding so far to the SDS. I also have small shorts now in AAPL and YHOO.

This is an attempt to hold long onto what still look to be good-looking aggressive growth names. At the moment I'm equally long and short overall, but I would be happy to let go of hedges should/as the market dictates..or else blow out the long side if action worsens.

Current longs (according to size): AVAV, ABX (new), ASEI (thin), THOR, CEPH, TWGP (thin), HOC (new), CECO, ATHN, MYGN, MANT (thin, downgraded today), LPHI (thin) and DLTR
Current Shorts (according to size): SDS-long (SP500 Ultrashort), AAPL, YHOO

No comments: