Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Re-Plunge (shorting w both feet at moment)

Not covering a share here today so far, in fact I'm still pyramiding higher into SDS (in addition to adjusting further net-short near the open).

That makes me shorter than a sharp stick in the eye.

Breadth is resolutely one-sided today (>10-1 negative still on NYSE). I'm not measuring the size of this move, but I do know that when breadth is this one-sided we will almost certainly make lower-lows in the final 90 minutes of trading and close not far off the lows of the day.

SRS and SKF are screaming today and I may lighten on those by the close, depending on how extreme we get.

Currently Short (according to size): SDS-long (SP500 Dbl-short), SRS-long (Real Estate Ultrashort), SKF-long (Financials Ultrashort), PNC, VNO, BBT, SIVB (Note, I am currently long of inverse-ETF's SRS, SDS and SKF...but this represents being short the respective indices)
Currenty long (according to size): AVAV, ATHN

No comments: