Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quicknote on the coming week

In winding down from the long weekend and sinking into my research for the new market week, I couldn't find much evidence suggesting the plug is about to be pulled on this rally.

We may pullback some, but significant downside in the near-term looks unreasonable still.

I spent several hours more on my updated list for eligible shorts, scouring about a third of 197 industry groups (studying a few hundred charts of stocks from groups dropping in relative strength as well as all of the bottom 25% RS groups); but outside of Medical and Healthcare groups there appear to be few attractive charts for initiating shorts. I am going to wait (still) further to publish names.

If the market retreats some in the next few days and the Medical/Healthcare sectors are not demonstrating any new resilience, I'll go ahead and post my list of eligible Med-shorts. Otherwise I am going to continue to focus on where and when to ramp-up on leadership longs.

Until something changes, I would rather buy or add to leadership on pullbacks than look to short weakness. I see no problem is selling on strength, especially if I can continue to rotate between the many set-ups long (buy as names set-up and let-go or reduce on strength).

That's it for tonight. The futures are down slightly and I'm looking to catch a 6 hour nap before getting started. After selling most of my position Thursday, I'm light, I'm hedged and I'm going to be sleeping easy.

No comments: