Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pullback and Fire (adding exposure long)


Fresh from hell (my own personal blend of aches, pains and middle of the night BR Poundings) I am fairly active today; adding long exposure now on the pullback.

I came in with a bit of a hedge and I find the action mostly formidable thus far. Thus I've got gumption to step-in and grab shares of leadership stocks.

It is still a bull market, until it isn't, and at moment every participant's mother's uncle has been crying-out expecting a pullback here. You know how that story goes (something like this as far as I seize it).

I'm buying like a young man - I'm 60 again!

Oil groups are getting slammed good and I like buying the first hard slice lower following a strong rally; and oil groups rallied significantly recently, in relative-strength rank as well as price.

-Re: CYOU...monster; holding out for close to 40 and will trade-out for near-term.
-Re: SNDA...monster; reversal higher on earnings; will look to hold the reduced position.
-Re: SWN...oil groups have been rising fastest in terms of RS; SWN from Oil/Gas-US Exploration, now ranked 25 (out of 197 ranked groups), from 95 a few weeks ago.
-Re: WFT...from #12 ranked Oil/Gas-Machinery/Eq (was ranked 28 a few weeks ago)
-Re: RAX...newer, tech play from Internet/Network Solutions group (rank now at 20, intraday, from above 30 last week.

I have open orders for more - I'll continue spitting fills via Twitter. If I get caught with too many names and the pullback worsens, I'll hedge further. At the moment though accounts are flat on the day.

I'll continue to error on the long side until something truly breaks.

Total Position: 12.35-to-1 net long (plays 6.17-to-1 net short considering leveraged SKF); 45% invested

Currently Long (according to size): AU (5.4%), CYOU (5.3%), ASIA (4.7%), SWN (new, 4.5%), PZZA (4.5%), WFT (new, 4.2%), PEET (3.8%), SNDA (3.3%), NTAP (new, 3.1%), RAX (new, 3%)

Currently Short (according to size):
SKF-long (new, 3.2%; Fncl's Dbl-short); covered JPM from yesterday
(Note: inverse-ETF SKF represents being dbl-short the PCSE Financial index)

Futures Accounts: no current position (currencies were covered near the top, naturally; demonstrating why it is never really worth fighting a strong trend; but who didn't know that already?)

No comments: