Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quick Bone from Rome


Keeping up as best I can posting, which has been zero this week. The connection at the hotel is unable to hold my trading programs open for more than 5 minutes at a time, so all efforts have been engaged with monitoring and trading; not commenting.

Anyway, I've so far kept the Twitter feed real-time, as that is quick and easy (lucky you).

My (Twitter) comment late yesterday after letting go all of my market hedge remains my push for now. That is that we saw a lower-volume market decline led by cyclicals, materials, golds, oils, steels (and whatnot) and that leadership yesterday had begun firming; suggesting the potential to now rally into the July 4th (US) holiday; the action in currency markets were another positive tell.

So far so good. If we fail, I may not be talking it up so much, but I will be scrambling somewhere, somehow, to get exposure reduced. Otherwise I am only letting go problems and attempting to hold-on and reduce into seasonal strength. I know that's cutting to the chase, leaving details as to why, how and what-if...but my time is measured more than words just now. I don't know anything more than I've said above anyway - I'm just following the market action and going with what I know (sans noise).

In the meantime I am stacking up quite a lot of Night Gallery material (Fems, Fiats and Fellini's). Few of you want to know about that, perhaps, but the photos are rich rich rich - like you would be if you had held on short!

Ciao ciao for now.

Total Position: 100% long, 45% invested

Currently Long (according to size): ASIA (5.4%), CYOU (5.1%), RAX (4.7%), SNDA (4.4%), TQNT (4.3%), NFLX (4%), ARST (3.9%), LFT (3.7%), MRVL (3.5%), PEET (3.5%), PAR (3%)

Currently Short (according to size):
no current position

Futures Accounts: no current position

No comments: