Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Quicknote on my position

In retrospect I should of held onto the larger-sized hedges yesterday, as we're seeing further selling pressure today. That said I'm not completely naked and I have mentioned I will error on the bull side as long as the leadership charts continue to look positive.

Volume is running low and breadth is not so severe today. I'm having trouble reducing the number of longs, which is what I expect to do when weakness continues, because on a case by case basis I cannot see compelling reasons to sell. Tomorrow is Obama's speech regarding new financial reforms or whatnot, which could turn out to be a turning point; we'll see.

I did increase the SRS-hedge and I may go back to upping the TWM-hedge if necessary later in the session; instead of reducing names. And I am happy (oh boy!) to sell any longs breaking down, showing accelerating selling pressure, etc.

Brings a smile, doesn't it?

Dial 1050 for Chump

Total Position: 4.43-to-1 net-long (plays 2.22-to-1 net-long considering levered TWM and SRS), 68% invested

Currently Long (according to size): ASIA (6%), SWN (reloaded today, 4.5%, WFT (4.5%), RAX (4.5%), CYOU (increased today, 4.4%), SNDA (increased today, 4.3%), TQNT (reloaded today, 4.3%), ARST (4.1%), LFT (3.7%), MRVL (3.5%), PEET (3.5%), AU (2.9%), PAR (2.9%), JDSU (2%)

Currently Short (according to size):
TWM-long (7.0%; Russell2k Dbl-short), SRS-long (5.5%; US Real Est. Dbl-short)
(Note: inverse-ETFs TWM and SRS represent being dbl-short the respective indices)

Futures Accounts: no current position

No comments: