Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Deck Chair List of Leadership Longs


While I didn't exactly get mauled last week, the market flashed various forms of ugly as bears finally stepped out of traps and ultimately hijacked the hot dog cart.

Given the specter, the last thing I wanted to post this weekend was an updated list of live longs. Obviously then, that's exactly what I ought to do.

Don't do what I do. I'm born-again rabid, one-legged and restless. If you think this market can still trade higher, as I'm paid to suspect, then you're certainly not welcome to play any of the names below, as you need an examination. The list is dry powder, like my mouth, but in the ever-unlikely event this Titanic is not yet sunk, I've re-arranged the deck and will trade long from this updated list of leadership...

Chinese ADR's (tiger by the tail):
SPRD
RINO
CFSG
PWRD (only if successfully pivots off of 50-day MA)
CISG
HMIN
VIT
BIDU
CTRP
SHI
DGW
ASIA
EJ
CHBT (very thin)

Non-Chinese (all from highly-ranked industry groups):
SYNT (thin)
CTSH
SWM
CLW
EBIX (thin)
JDAS
SWI
NEU
ININ (thin)
TECD
WMS
WRC
PCLN
PTI (very thin)
NVEC (very thin)
MRVL
TQNT
KLAC
CYMI
CREE
SWKS
PMCS
NETL
MU
VLTR
TSRA
FORM
VSEA
INFA
JOYG
BUCY
LULU
JOSB
GES
ATPG
ROSE
BAK (thin)
IEC (thin)
LZ (still extended)
RKT

Noteworthy (not from highly ranked groups):
BCSI
RAX
RHT
ARST
ULTA
GMCR
SBUX
TSL
WLT
IOC
IAG
HAWK (thin)
DRQ (thin)
SXCI
CERN
QSII
AAPL
GS
IMA
USTR (thin)
FFG (thin)
GNW
STAR
PEGA

No comments: