Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Friday, February 26, 2010

Updated Position (kinder, gentler short stance)

As according to the adjusted strategy outlined yesterday, I did cover a bit on weakness today, and then shorted a bit on strength. All told I managed to pare back to ~1.7-to-1 net-short overall, a level I'm more comfortable with given the present action; today was positive here, in that sense especially.

I'm heading up to the Northwest this weekend; see if I can't build a fire in the wilderness; otherwise eat raw some helpless creature in order to put this week behind me.

Wish me luck ;)

Total Position
: ~1.7-to-1 net-short, 81% invested

Currently Long (according to size): NTGR (7.4%); BEAV (6.9%); SBUX (added today, 6.1%); NETL (5%); ULTA (3.9%); CISG (3%)

Currently Short: TWM-long (Russell 2k Dbl-short, decreased today, 7.7%); MS (8.3%); JPM (increased today, 10.1%%); GS (increased today, 8.4%); CSX (5.2%); EPV-long (European Index Dbl-short, added today, 5%); DST (4.1%)

Futures Accounts: Out 10% Mar SP500 short, from 1097.00; Out 10% Mar Russell 2k short, from 625.20; Remain 20% short Mar NDX, from 1795.00

Twittspitt for details

No comments: