Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Friday, March 27, 2009

Camouflage (can't put my finger on that?)


A bit of my yang getting yinged at moment while the longs give back some of their recent juicy rise. So far action on these resembles a healthy-enough, quiet and low-volume tone, but at the same time I view every day as the potential beginning for the next end of the world; so my guard is up on this decline.

I added hearty amounts of hedge, via TWM and SRS. TWM because the Russell-2k is the weakest major on the day and SRS because commercial real estate still having much more trouble getting off the mat than things like banks (and other beaten-down uglies).

If this market can firm today, then I see no reason aggressive growth cannot then rush to quarter's end on Tuesday (on the heels of a fresh pull-back pause, in that case). I will let go of hedges and re-increase exposure there if it develops.

On the other side, I will club anything I can find short if the majors can manage to finally break something on the downside.

Easy enough.

Currently Long (according to size): RJI, MYGN, ARST, TSYS, PMCS, WNR, MNRO, SNDA, IOC

Currently Short (according to size): TWM-long (Russell-2k Dbl-short), AXA, RSH, SRS-long (US Real Est. Dbl-short), EGO, ELOS
(Note: inverse-ETFs TWM and SRS represent being dbl-short the respective indices)

No comments: