Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Carry out the Shorts

While further upside for Monday is far from out of the question, the bang-up session came today. I'm trimming slowly and steadily, the spoils from my ramped-up and unprotected splash aggressive-long.

In other words, stepping over the bodies of dead short people while cutting back an aggressive long stance initiated yesterday.

I'll be traveling later today, to an as of yet undisclosed but thoroughly exotic blood-lust pack-and-Carrie whirlwind spontoon-festoon underwater action adventure thunderland.

As such I'm going to keep this brief. Follow the Twittcast for anything especially relevant from here. I expect to continue trimming; I want to get down to under 3-1 net long, and am looking to short an index near the close; as a partial hedge.

At the moment the action is quieting some, but internals are severe-positive. Hence I am trying to hold out for the close before hedging; via SDS or something similar.

Bone weekend!

Total Position: 3.88-to-1 net long, 66.5% invested

Currently Long (according to size): ARST, CYOU, TSYS, BKE, MYGN, WNR, RJI, MNRO, NFLX, TNDM BBY, CHKP

Currently Short (according to size): GE, AAPL

No comments: