Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Holding Long (now hella wrong)

I hesitate to say I'm down much less today than this position gained yesterday, since that sort of statement flies from lips of blindfolded fools standing before squads of itchy fingers.

All the same, I'm playing a bit of rope-a-dope here. Daring this market to shoot me.

The Fed's beige book was just released; following the lack-luster 10-yr auction results; following the negative reversal in equities this morning; following coffee stains mounting my rotting teeth.

Nothing more brilliant to say than that, sorry. I may end up hedging and/or reducing before the day is through. If we're not making lower-lows in the final 90 minutes of the day however, I expect to hold pretty much pat.

I re-bot CYOU today under 40. It's still extended, but it's still a monster; until it isn't.

Accounts are back to flat now on the day as the market catches a small bid. I'm really in for it now perhaps. Twitter the fool if you care to follow.

Total Position: 6-to-1 net-long, 56% invested

Currently Long (according to size): TQNT (5.3%), ARST (3.6%), RAX (4.2%), WFT (4.7%), ASIA (4.7%), SWN (4.6%), PEET (3.8%), CYOU (reloaded today 39.96, 3.3%), SNDA (3.4%), AU (3.2%), LFT (2.3%), JDSU (2.2%), FNSR (1.9%)

Currently Short (according to size):
ONXX (4.1%), MYGN (3.9%)

Futures Accounts: no current position

No comments: