Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sans Hedge (dare the bear)

It's usually the action on the way down that matters most; as far as positioning and allocation.

While I'm no doubt going to get pounded for it tomorrow, following the slew of earnings reporting and subsequent thrashings tonight (Wed, Thurs, etc.), I let go hedges today and am positioned fully long again; albeit only 46% exposed.

I can't say much more than that. If I were stupid enough to get long-only and then chide the other side, I'd be stuffing envelopes for a living.

Tune in tomorrow to see me eaten alive.

-Total Position: 100% net-long
-46% invested
overall
-Pure-longs = 46%


Currently Long (according to size): DGW (6.6%), HRBN (6.6%), CFSG (increased today, 6.2%), HMIN (increased yesterday, 6.1%), ULTA (5%), CLW (4.1%), SWM (4%), PTI (3.9%), RINO (3.%)

Currently Short (according to size): no current position

Futures Accounts: no current position

No comments: