Classically Trained, for the Revolution

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Slaying Low

This will be brief, as the market is not exactly inspiring in either direction at the moment.

I've shifted as the market has shifted and I'm up slightly so far on the week, but I'm trying to keep small; currently 1.78-to-1 net long, while only 54% invested.

It seems to me that the bull and bear voices out in the world right now are a lot louder than the market moves. I'm giving the overall action a little credit here, but if I had to tell you where the next big move lies I'd be unhappy to commit. I have my updated lists of eligible Longs and Shorts in hand and I will attack anything credible, but at the moment I'm eying cheap tickets to the harpoon belt and thinking of taking a day or two off and letting you all make the money instead.

Total Position: currently 1.78-to-1 net long, (54% invested)

Currently Long (according to size): ARST, WNR, PMCS, MYGN, SNDA, UGP

Currently Short (according to size): BWA, ALV, ELOS

No comments: